Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Next Adventure - How The West Was Won

Headed out on my next riding adventure this week for the How the West Was Won rally out of Grand Junction, CO. This rally is a bit different than my normal riding for the Big Money Rally. It is a fixed time - only 32 hours start to finish - as opposed to the BMR's January 1 - Memorial Day window. So instead of picking my riding windows with consideration of day of the week, this rally will be completed, rain or shine, over 32 hours from Saturday morning at 6am to Sunday afternoon at 2pm.

Read more about the HW3 rally here.

Start and stop location is Grand Junction, CO. We received our rally packs with all bonus locations a week and advance and can have all ride planning done before ever showing up at the hotel.

I am leaving for Grand Junction on Wednesday morning and taking 2 days to get there. Friday is a down day with bike tech inspections and an odometer check followed by a banquet and rider's meeting.

I can't publish any information about the rally package - my route planning is pretty much done and will include roads in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. I am pretty excited about the area we will be riding - many of the areas are new to me.

I have created a page where you can follow my progress if you desire. It updates every 5-10 minutes. I also created a separate page for the period of the rally. Both pages will track my progress during the rally, but the rally page excludes all the boring riding to get there and get home. Links below, but they are to active until the ride starts.

Here is the link to my Spotwalla page for the entire period.

Here is the link to my Spotwalla page for just the rally (Sat at 6am to Sun at 2pm).

I will also try to post some pictures along the way. Probably not too much real time during the rally - my initial leg ride plan is tedious and I will not want to waste a lot of time.

No comments: